Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eb and flow.


Not much to report here. I'm starting to feel a bit like an engineer again due to the changes in projects I'm part of at work (this a a very good thing).

Training-stresses are starting to spill into life-stresses. Not too much to say about that, except that I hope E and I are through that now and can get back to our regularly scheduled programming (train, eat, sleep, work, train......). Ironman makes for a fairly regimented weekly schedule (just ask Sunny about living with us for a week). Sometimes without much breathing room, you ...forget to breathe.

I'm a bit tired today. Not really a surprise. My Sunday-long-run- that-generated-a-race-report (lol) tapped my energy kinda like a race, too. Should make today's focus-bike interesting. Good thing our intervals are only 1-2 minutes and only rpm (and HR) based. The legs will still burn, but I should be able to cope.

On tap for tomorrow: an easier day of training, and fish tacos for dinner! I'm already looking forward to it. And to more good work-productivity...I thrive on being busy! Oh, and I also have a painful hour with Josh (massage) on the schedule that I am desperately in need of.

The ups. The downs. The ebs. The flows.

I am thankful for it all. Kinda like the Garth Brooks song The River. I just hope I keep progressing down stream and don't get stuck in too many eddys along the way.

1 comment:

The Original SunnyD said...

I concur.... regimented! :-)