Thursday, July 3, 2008

2-up!

So...what's 2-up refer to?

No, it's not a new flavor of pop (or soda for you non-midwesterners).

It's not a new yoga move.

It's not the difference in wins to losses for the Colorado Rockies........

Last night, E and I rode our "scooter" 2-up for the first time on public roads. It was GREAT! The bike actually handles better with the weight of another rider. I was overly cautions with turns, accelerations, and braking, but everything felt so smooth. I love that thing!

Often I feel like it is "more bike" that we need. It is the newest vehicle I have ever owned. It is red. It is shiny. It looks fast (it IS fast!). But then I ride it and I am reminded of how much, how VERY, very much I love to ride that motorcycle.

So, we have now entered a new era where we can still carpool to work, but on the scooter. We can do small grocery runs on a less-gas-guzzling vehicle (might look into a bike trailer for the cruiser for this type of errand, too), and try and be a little less "american." We can head into town for dinner, and worry less about parking and feel slightly more responsible for saving our planet (dinner is fine, but no drinks, at least any with EtOH).

Vrrrooooooom!

-A



The "scooter:"

2 comments:

Marit C-L said...

Wow - what a beauty! NOW you have to give her a really great name. Or him. But I think she looks like a girl. It's the red... :)

Did you guys name your bikes? I forgot....

Amanda Lovato said...

OMG Amber...I LOVE the beauty and the dork picture. It really made me laugh:)!!!
I would LOVE to see Sunny.
Give em a shout if you get a chance:)
aglovato@gmail.com