Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday Update

So, the Amber had to go into work at 10 pm on Saturday and since we were at my company's picnic beforehand, I took the quick walk down to my work to write this post. I sometimes refer to the cat as the Sammy and the dog as the Izzy, so I might as well refer to the wife as the Amber.

I'm not sure how long Amber will take, so this might be kind of random. She hasn't posted in a few days since her back was killing her, wasn't able to train, and didn't want to complain. It's been getting better over the last few days and she made it through the 4hr bike and 1hr run today, so that's good. We left pretty early to try to beat the heat and it turned out to be a pretty nice day. Our bike had some long efforts at IM pace that caused us to get separated for a while since she thought she was following me, but it turned out to be someone else. The company picnic was fun as it was at a place with mini golf, go karts, arcade, etc. We only went once on the go karts because of the lines and I unfortunately sent Amber into the barriers at one point, which required someone helping back to the course.

Looking back at the week, Amber's back kept her from swimming and running on Thursday, but I was able to. The swim was fun as Kurt gave us a set of 8 x 100's with decending rest from 35 seconds to 5 seconds. Afterwards he subtracted the 2:20 of rest to give us our 800 times. Later we did 8x50's with the same rest sequence. At first the 35 seconds is so much that you just want to hammer, but then you pay for it on the later ones. The run was a track workout that I still annoyed that I couldn't complete, but 4 trips to the bathroom after my set of 1200's did me in.

Looking forward, a nice 2 hr run at Mags is planned for tomorrow. The plan before Amber had to go into work this late was to run early. We might have to see about that. Next week should be full of climbing on the bike as we are heading up Sugarloaf on Tuesday and up Golden Gate Canyon on Sat. Amber just called and we are heading out.
Later,
-E

No comments: