Thursday, June 26, 2008

A racing we will go, a racing we will go, hi ho, a merry oh, a racing we will go

So we have our only simple triathlon race coming up in two days (Loveland Lake to Lake). I say simple because you don't have to show up two days before for registration, turn your bike in a day before, pack all your stuff into bags, or wait until the next day for awards like at Ironmans. For this race, we can even pick up our packets race morning unlike the triathlon events that are held in Boulder. Although the Boulder Peak is a great race, its gotten to be too much of an event for us as they make a big deal with the expo at packet pick up and race day, the hot air ballons, the fancy stage, etc, etc. They haven't posted the wave starts yet for the L2L, which in the past may have annoyed me, but now I don't really care. My biggest concern is remembering a towel for transition. Oh, and set an alarm, which we forgot to do last year for Boulder Peak, but luckily Sunny was staying at our house so she could be close to the race site and woke us up.

It will be interesting to see where we are at compared results from previous years (I haven't raced there since '05 and Amber hasn't been there since '03) but as we have been training solidly the past few weeks, I'm going to try to focus on giving it all I can without worrying about my actual speed. I don't even know any of the guys in my age group, so I guess that I'll race Amber instead.

This weekend last year, we were down at Buffalo Springs which was my first long course race where I finally had a solid race after 2 HIMs and 2 IMs, which can best be described as learning experiences. This year we are going to enjoy the bottle of wine that Amber got for being 4th in her age group. It was pretty funny how jealous Kerrie was as she only got a plaque for being second or third in her age group. Good luck to all those heading down to Lubbock.

No comments: