Friday, June 6, 2008

Busy weekend ahead

Well, if our training makes us stronger in preparation for races, then this weekend is just a teaser for what is to come the rest of this month and summer. We have dinner tonight with our good friends, Eric and Maria, a housewarming for Tara and Ray, and plenty of house and yard chores waiting for us. Oh, and a small drive and race tomorrow for the state TT (bike) championships. It should be a fun weekend, and I am really looking forward to it all...even the house and yard work since that will mean more order for my world. And it is all just prep for Eric's work picnic, an olympic tri, visits with Sarah, Nate, and the boys and Amanda and Eric, lots of good, epic mountian training, 4th of July racing and concert, and Rocky Grass.

Yesterday wrapped up with our track run. The weather cleared up nicely and it was a great night to run. Work held me up a tad, so we got to the track later than normal, but once there, we both got down to business. Unfortunately, my legs did not decide to join us last night, and I was left looking at Eric's back fade away into the distance, on 200's! I worked on good attitude, faster takeoffs (on my toes with quick, light feet for the first half of every turn), forward hips, good self-talk, and finishing all the way through to the line, but it got tough on the rests near the end when I could not get my mouth open wide enough to let in all the air my lungs and legs were demanding.

This morning we rose EARLY for a quick run with Izzy-dog before our "mello" 76 min spin. It was a gorgeous morning, the sun turning the foothills pink in the early light. The lakes near our house were glass-like, reflecting the sky and peaks back up from below. Then off for a busy day of work, meetings, etc.

Soon we'll head out for home, shish kabob prep (chicken, pineapple, onion, and peppers) and over to the Wik-Meyer house for supper. Maria first invited us over for this dinner the Friday before IMAZ, but obviously we had to postpone. Between their busy schedule and ours, this dinner hasn't happened yet. I'm looking forward to catching back up with them!

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Amber

1 comment:

kerrie said...

yeah, not a very good chance of seeing me in the am at FAC....curt/wolfgang would probably have a heart attack if i showed up. i hope to make the 11:30 or 12:30 swim tomorrow. would you be able to leave the cap for me to try at the front? let me know if you can/do or i can come by and pick it up at some point(or is eric still working down the road from us?) thanks so much, i am hoping to give it a try and take a dip in the res. once it is safe!!!!!
k.