Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hello, hello

This blog post is coming to you from the middle of the day, middle of the week....it's Wednesday, folks.

Yesterday, Eric and I rolled out of work a tad after 5pm to tackle Lee Hill Road and then onward and upward on Deer Trail until we hit dirt. It was our first time up Deer Trail and neither of us knew what to expect. It's steep! Yesterday it was also very sandy, most likely from last week's big rains.

We descended down the back side of Lee Hill, through Left Hand Canyon, to 36. It was a nice night for a ride. Most of Boulder thought so, too, they all seemed to be riding UP Left Hand Canyon last night. It felt great to ride fast down the canyon, I love descending. Reminder to self: keep mouth shut during descents now, bugs!

After we got home, I was pretty wiped out, so we heated up leftovers (mmmmm, homemade pizza!) for dinner and then went to bed - not so exciting, but what was needed.

This morning, we rose early for a "jog" with Izzy-dog and then an easy spin in to work. My back was stiff and sore when we got up, so the easy day was appreciated. Now it just needs to mend well enough so I can crush tomorrow's track workout. We'll see. Hopefully it clears up or I get in to see Sara for an adjustment, I can barely put on my own shoes.

So there you have it: a mid-week update of work, train, eat, sleep, train, work....recipe for success and happiness!

-Amber

No comments: