Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bike details per requests

So, some details. Javelin Lugano frames (both 54cm) with mixed components including Blackwell Time Bandit fork, Dura Ace cranks, DA derailers, Ultegra cassette and chain, Tektro brakes (cheaper than DA and who really brakes during triathlons, hehe), vision tech areobars (basebar and clip on's), cane creek brake levers (CoMuSport favorites), zero components 050 race wheels, and zero component skewers (i mention them since you can unscrew the quick release lever for that 0.002 watts savings) .



Amber is going to Look Keo pedals (so i can have her old school ones). We got her some pretty blue ones that might match her bar tape and cages (elle's) and some cool black ones, so i'm not sure which ones she'll but on the bike (others will go on the trusty old Dean and Cadex).







My first impressions on the new bike are that 1) it much stiffer than my previous ride due to the pretty massive bottom bracket and DuraAce cranks 2) front derailer boss needed some "adjustment", so it is back at CoMuSpo to trim the bottom of it so the derailer can sit higher (I've got a dremel, but the thought of cutting there freaked me out) 3) the blackwell fork isn't very still laterally, so you can rub brakes by putting much weight on one side while climbing out of the saddle 4) I want to ride it more

-E

1 comment:

Marit C-L said...

Sounds great! What a sweet ride!! And for ME - the cool part is that I actually understand what you wrote. Hee hee hee. Even though I've been "doing" triathlons for a few years, only this year have I really started working on my own bike. Enjoy the riding!