Friday, August 15, 2008

Rain!


We have rain in Boulder today. It actually started last night as big, fat rain during our "easy" post-work spin. The strong winds, and later the big, fat rain drops, changed it into a half-hour strength ride.

This morning, we woke to a gentle rain. It was almost more drizzle and mist than true "rain," though Izzy and I got soaked on our shortened morning walk. It was falling at a near-perfect rate, since most of it was soaking in to our parched ground rather than running off.

I like the rain!

It has actually lifted my spirits today. It is the complete opposite of how rain is typically depicted (I think of Eyore from Winny-the-Pooh).

I like how it sounds.

I like how it smells.

I like how it feels on my face.

I like how it brightens the colors out in the garden and around our yard.

As I was pulling out of the driveway on my way to work, I smiled as I turned on the wipers. The rain was beautiful.

Then I remembered tomorrow's workouts, our 3 hour bike, and am now ready for it to finish up and stop by tomorrow morning. Please? Regular checks of the current Boulder weather (my favorite site on the web!) and the forecast, with current radar, are now part of my daily routine today. Yes, I know what it is like outside by looking at my computer, but in defense, I work in an area with no window or clue to what is going on outside in the world, unless the rain is just starting up and I can smell it.

-A

1 comment:

The Original SunnyD said...

You can have some of my rain... I'm sick of it.

Love, Sunny