Friday, August 1, 2008

@#$&*$%$%&*^$ legs

For those of you who don't know me, @#$&*$%$%&*^$ = "darn" .... so the title to this post could read "darn legs."

The buggers woke me up last night and kept me awake for 1.5-2 hours. It was like that for our two hardest runs in prep for IM AZ last spring. I guess harder evening runs make for sleepless nights for me. The first time it happened I was up at 1:30 am and never fell back asleep. The second, I was up at 3am and drifted off again around 4:45 for a bit before the alarm went off.

Last night, I was lucky and only had to suffer through a small sleepless or broken-sleep bout between 1:30 and 3am. Legs were hurt'n and got that mind race'n, too. I also was dealing with too hot/too cold issues...... hurumph. And it was only a simple 1:20 run with 3 "tempo" sections, not as epic as some things we have done lately.

Regardless of my suffering, I was much, much better off than what our friend Kerrie is dealing with right now after being hit by a car on her bike and not being able to move her left leg yet (no broken bones, but her bike is done). Heal fast, our friend! We will try and visit you this weekend and bring some yummy food. Any requests?

2 comments:

The Original SunnyD said...

I doubt that that really stands for darn. There are too many letters. I bet it is more like
"holy-son-of-a-mother-kicking". That's more like it.

Marit C-L said...

Oh - so sorry about the legs. When I was IM training, I would also wake up at times... those are the most difficult nights. You would THINK that after a workout - especially the harder/longer ones in my case - one would sleep like a long. Not the case. Hang in there! Canada looms just around the bend!