Wednesday, April 23, 2008

News from Lake Eric

So this should be brief...

My eyes are getting better. Hopefully I get the green light to start training again tomorrow.

Printed off release forms for Duluth Classic cycling races. Let see, I've done 3 bike races total and will be signing up for 4 in 4 days. But since I'll be racing cat 5, the total distance will be less than the IM bike (but a much higher effort). I've also got the advantage of having 2 less gears on my cassette than most people on my road bike, which must mean its lighter.

Interesting short article on Triathlete's website. It goes along with my feelings recently that the destination might be nice, but be sure to enjoy the journey.
http://www.triathletemag.com/Departments/Training/2007/Results-oriented_vs__Process-oriented.htm

1 comment:

Marit C-L said...

Duluth is wonderful! For years I"ve been meaning to run Grandma's - but the timing is always off. Love the quaint community - and driving up the coast towards Grand Marias.... ah - those were the days.

I know that you'll have a blast in your bike race! It'll be a breeze for you - no swimming before and no running afterwards. Unless, of course - if you REALLY wanted to impress your fellow racers. Then they would just think you were crazy. And weird. But it would be pretty neat!

Heal fast, my friend!