Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A day with no carpool.....

Like most, today dawned bright and early. Unlike yesterday's run where Izzy and I spotted about 40 pelicans, it was a normal jaunt off to the 6am Master's swim. But it was by car, and it was without Eric. He is still in post-Lasik recovery mode.....so no training. As I commented on Marit's blog earlier today, that is the part of my upcoming Lasik that scares me most: no training. A break in the "normal schedule." A chance to focus on something other than getting faster, fitter, stronger........scary! That will be a LOT of energy that will need focusing.

Maybe I'll be like Eric and get, in his own words, "domestic." With both of us training and working so many hours a week, often the house-things get pushed to the side. I like things neat, tidy, ordered, and on time, but often laundry, dishes, and organization get downgraded or completely neglected. We are both neat people, but it seems like I am the one who really gets bothered by disarray. Well, today while I swam, Eric did dishes and 2 loads of laundry....before leaving for work! Gotta love it!

The only sad part is that we did not get to do our normal morning carpool (both drove in separately) .....and on Earth day no less. Our normal routine lets us listen to NPR together, plus saves some gas. At least in our house, nearly every other day is Earth day, we carpool or bike to work 4 or more days a week. Just part of being in the Boulder bubble, I guess, but that seems.....normal.

1 comment:

Marit C-L said...

Hey - no worries! I understand your concern - how do you "switch off" that drive to "train, get fit, go faster, etc etc etc."

But... RELAX! It's okay! And in the end - it is absolutely perfect timing. This is a FORCED RECOVERY after an Ironman. A GREAT Ironman at that - so use the time to really let your body heal and recover - and before you know it, you'll be back and moving in NO time.

I promise! Hang in there!!!