Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Recap and pics

The view at Lake Isabelle.


E did a good job of recapping the weekend, but I think he left out a few things.

Like our romantic Friday night plans of cooking up a yummy dinner together in the kitchen that turned into him watching the debate on TV upstairs and me downstairs nearly cutting my finger off as I prepped pizza toppings.

And he covered many of the Saturday details well, but missed capturing the essence of the day. It went something like this:

6-something a.m. and we realized the power was out. Him: Oh no! The power is out, what should we do, let's get up. Me: The power is out, silly. We can't cook oatmeal. Let's go back to sleep. 7-ish. We are up and at 'em, cooking, eating, prepping for the day. 8:40 in the pool. 10:00 at the running shoe store. 11:07 Rolling out the door on Luci and Thor. 3:17 Heading out the door again, running this time. Turn around was quick between the bike end and the run start. 5:00 Done training for the day. Collapse on living room floor and call it "streaching." Drink Chocolate milk, but somehow I don't really enjoy it, I just do it because I have to start recovery (I was that tired that drinking chocolate milk was work). Shower. Sit in chair and finish the September Better Homes and Gardens. 8:00 What! It's 8! How did that happen? Did we eat any real food yet? We need dinner, but I don't want anything that we have. Actually, all food still seems pretty unappealing. And I still need to bake a pie for tomorrow!

And this was then followed by a yummy dinner of burritos made from leftover Chile Verde (homemade with some garden peppers), pie assembly and baking, and heading off to bed. Where the day went' I'm not sure. But it was a beautiful ride. And the run was challenging, but the data at the end was encouraging (I didn't look at it until Monday, but still, encouraging once I got around to it). Anyways, I'm still not sure I captured how the day just flew by, but it did. And I was soooooooo tired. But in a good way.

Sunday was an entirely different animal. Up early because the legs were so sore from the day before that sleep was impossible after 4:24 a.m. Made church, by bike, AFTER doing a week's worth of dishes (all the pots, pans, knives, and other things that don't go into the dishwasher) and having an awesom E-cooked breakfast of from-scratch hashbrowns, poached eggs, and more Chile Verde. Then up to the high country to hike with Izzy-dog, roommate AL, and E before driving a small chunck of the peak-to-peak highway to see some fall color.

And that brings me to the pics. Enjoy:

E and Izzy-dog in front of Long Lake, just starting out.


Me and Izzy in between Long Lake and Lake Isabelle.


Isabelle the Dog in Isabelle the Lake


E eating an apple and Izzy hoping to get back to that dead squirrel she just found.


Me and AL getting ready to hike back out. Nice view, Eh?

Fall color, CO style. View fromt he peak-to-peak between Ned and Ward.


Goof ball #1, dinner at the Wik and Meyer residence.

Goof Ball #2.

1 comment:

Marit C-L said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend! I love the photos and so want to move to Colorado! :) Great job on all the workouts - you both will be ready for Vegas!