Monday, May 3, 2010

E' quick update

A and I are on the way home from the race. In general, we are both satisfied with how things went and are excited to get ready for Placid. Both of us thought that we would come back to St George, if we get back into IM racing. Not sure how many actually started, but since only 1634 finished, the course isn't for everybody.

Brief thoughts:
The swim was cold and I again swam a 1:09:xx. The bike course was hilly and pretty technical from the 4 cattle guards, many turns, rough surfaces, and cross winds. I went out with a stronger effort on the first loop thinking that the way back into town would be good rest, but the legs didn't feel that good at the start of the second, so I backed off a bit. For the run, tried to maintain a steady effort, but had a couple of lulls in energy. Slowed a bit on the 2nd loop, but finished well.

Although I have my issues with IM branded races, the finish line near midnight is something worth being a part of, so A and I went back after cleaning up and having frozen custard. It was great to see the crowd still there after such a long day.

Anyways, we're on the way home and I couldn't sleep anymore because of my legs, but A is up now, so it is time for some breakfast.

Peace out,
E

No comments: