Friday, February 26, 2010

E's - 9 weeks out to St George

Swim:
Expect for my still banged up hand, swimming hasn't been too horrible. Some more volume and I'll be fine.

Biking:
It is definitely possible to train for an early season IM when you live in Colorado, but it means checking the weather constantly to see if your long bike is going to be inside or out. Fortunately, the snow we got yesterday didn't amount to anything and tomorrow should be outside.

Otherwise, we got finished with season 3 of Alias this morning on the trainer. I think we are considering getting some of the 24 seasons to get us through March and April. Which seasons are the better ones?

Run:
We hate the treadmill and don't mind snowy trails or roads (except for the possible hand injuries), so the weather hasn't affected our run schedule. It does mess with paces, but considering how hard the St George course will be, I think strength will rule over foot speed.

Nutrition:
Stout month is almost over. General nutrition should improve after that.

1 comment:

The Original SunnyD said...

How do you guys change the time on the bike when you are riding inside and out? I've usually gone with a 2/3 rule, but this doesn't seem to come into play the longer the bike ride gets. If I do a "four-hour outdoor ride" on the trainer for 3-hours, my legs feel like I rode for six. Just curious.

;-) I'll take my answer in the form of a phone call. HA!