Saturday, November 22, 2008

First Bite Boulder Review

This past week was First Bite Boulder. At each participating restaurant, you get a three course meal for 26 bucks. The menu you get to choose from is limited with two to four options for each course, but you still get a good sampling of what they do. Since A and I like to share, we each got to try up to 6 different things at each place.

A and I went to four different restaurants, Greenbriar on Saturday, Brasserie Ten Ten on Sunday, Tahona on Wednesday, and Colterra on Friday. My favorite first course was the Mixed Vegetable and Asadero Cheese Rellenos. I'm surprised A shared them with me. My least liked first course was the salad at Colterra as the pear was hard and flavorless and the pecans were soft. For the main course, the steak at Colterra and carne asada at Tahona were both wonderful. At Greenbriar the Pork Tenderloin was anything but tender and very tough. Very disappointing since their food is usually very excellent. The best desserts were the Apple Galette and Mocha Terriene at Colterra. The worst dessert by a mile were the apple enchiladas at Tahona. They were terrible.

A is already suffering from First Bite withdrawal. Only 51 weeks until next year.

-E

2 comments:

kerrie said...

how did i miss that!?!? that sounds absolutely fantastic - yum. i really like colterra and the greenbriar but i have yet to go to some of the other places you mentioned. next year!

Marit C-L said...

Ok - that sounds too good to be true! FANTASTIC! I'll have to look around San Diego for some stuff like that. So far I've only done the wine tasting - twice. At the same place. With my parents... but it was GOOD!