Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm skiing, I'm skiing...

Well, we were skiing kinda like how Bob (Bill Murray) was sailing. A and I got out for our first roller ski of the year this morning. It is not the real thing by any means but will help get the cross-country nuerons and muscles a bit more ready for snow.

I did get a bit of equipment jeoulously as A has a nice set of skating roller skis, while I still only have the classic style. To 99.87% of the people out there, that doesn't mean much, so a good analogy would be: still riding your tricycle as your sibling upgrades to a two wheel bike. Will this lead me to getting a pair of Marwes (A's kind) too? We'll have to see.

-E

1 comment:

Marit C-L said...

You know what? I've got a pair of Marwe's myself - the skating kind. I was torn between getting the skate/classic combo or just the skate. In the end I went with the skate, intending to buy the classic the next time around. Never did get around to that, but I know exactly what you mean. I borrowed a friend's classic skiis and she would use my skate ones (we had the same bindings), and the difference when I would herring bone up the trail was huge.

Enjoy the roller skis! Careful for large sidewalk cracks and long winding hills. I've crashed on both. :)